Wednesday 13 May 2020

What can We do from today then?


Well, we can get out a bit more, taking into consideration the new Coronavirus Rules (for England) announced by the Government (website). As you can tell from the above image, I was out bright and early this morning, as were many of the local fishing industry, and I have it on good authority that about 18 fishing boats are still licensed to launch from the beach here, though I doubt they're all doing so at the moment...

OK, back to what has changed then? 
  • So, you may exercise outdoors as many times a day as you wish, providing you keep to the 2 metre social distancing guidelines already in place;
  • You may arrange to meet a friend or family member, that is ONE friend or family member, who lives outside your household, as long as you meet outdoors and follow the usual social distancing 2 metre guidelines;
  • Indeed, you may spend as much time as you like outdoors, even if only sitting down and soaking up the sun (but be careful of burning, Factor 50 for me!), providing you follow the now usual social distancing rules;
  • You may now go to a Garden Centre (remembering to keep to social distancing of at least 2 metres of course);
  • You may use outdoor sports and social facilities, eg play golf, providing it is with members of your own household, or with just the ONE other person, who you must keep at least 2 metres apart from.  
I am a wee bit concerned that, with more people about, some walking long distances, there will be a toilet shortage, as in, public toilets are closed, as are pubs etc...


So where did I walk to then, maintaining social distancing at all times during my walk, of course? The top photograph shows where I started from and came back to, Hastings (well that was the western tip of the Country Park, but I actually started and finished in the town centre where I live), AND I left the Borough of Hastings for the first time in 2 months! As I said, walking from the most westerly edge of Hastings Country Park Nature Reserve to the most easterly edge, I left Hastings for a few minutes, just so I could say I did, and came back into Hastings via the gate in the photograph immediately above (thankfully no border guards to question my intent), then heading back home, and with lovely weather, a bit chilly but bright sunshine early doors.

Remember, other rules (website) continue as before...

That's me, a daredevil, but whatever, do be careful folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment