Monday 25 May 2020

Sunday/Monday...


Good to see the 'fabulous' Baker Boys, Howard and Simon, back in a proper truck this morning, at least they, who appear to be the major potato supplier to Hastings, are selling more potatoes in the town after a period of coolness. It could well have been that chip shops, in particular, had been using up their potatoes from the beginning of lockdown, but I was confused at least twice when these 2 bearded lads in a dark pickup acknowledged me walking down the street (it was the Baker Boys, of course).

Anyway, I stayed indoors yesterday after my early morning walk/exercise, fearing the worst when I passed through the Pelham Beach car park (to the left and forward of the truck above, if you're a reader who doesn't know Hastings) at about 09.00 yesterday morning, and already there were cars and motorbikes arriving, and I could hear motorbikes roaring up and down Queens Road all day! Indeed, a little birdy has told me that Rock-a-Nore Road was like a car park overflow, virtually bumper-to-bumper with visiting cars parked along it, and a lack of 'social distancing' observed; I do hope the Council sent traffic wardens along to make some money out of it, aside from the takeaways/chippies, Hastings could do with making some money during lockdown. 😉


However, it is still a concern, aside from my delight for them that some local businesses have started gaining income following a couple of months of economic drought, but facilities are not really here for visitors, again, my little birdy reports a host of people urinating wherever they could find some sort of cover... Potential visitors, please note, yet again, PUBLIC TOILETS ARE NOT OPEN IN HASTINGS!

And please note that Hastings has had the lowest Coronavirus infection rate in England (blog), and we'd be very grateful if it stayed that way, so please do stay away until it is safer to visit. There is nothing here for you except chips, fish, gulls, and pissing in the streets, and I've just stopped myself from uttering a rude word or two...

In fact, we are not going anywhere, please come back at a safer time!

Respect the people of Hastings, and stay safe folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment