Saturday 30 May 2020

Hastings Saturday and Latest...


A few bits and pieces I've picked up from following social media and the internet, and from chatting to people from a very respectable social distancing... First, from up here on the East Hill, no! I'll leave that for later, so? On the way up the 2 hundred plus steps, I noticed at least one fishing boat was out, but also a couple preparing to launch (and another I saw later when I was at Firehills on my daily walk/exercise), my respect!

A little birdy told me this morning that Hastings Fishermen's Museum has plans for reopening in August, all being well, and I just looked at their website and noticed that, although the Old Hastings Preservation Society guided walks of the Stade and the Old Town, are gradually being cancelled, they're still keeping them alive, so, presumably, August may see their return too... perhaps?

The Hastings Adventure Golf reopened yesterday as I advised in a recent blog, and I was told by another, not so little, birdy that it started off slowly, but picked up late afternoon. Good luck to them, I think they'll have their work cut out ensuring social distancing rules etc are maintained today and tomorrow, when visitors to Hastings will very likely increase in number, despite the lack of open facilities, notably toilets...

I saw Jonathan too, and he said that Martin's funeral yesterday was well attended, considering, I didn't know Martin very well, but still sad at his demise, other friends did attend the crematorium up on The Ridge, Mark, Maureen and Laura; R.I.P. Martin...


Oh yes, the 'rave' last night, or the "planned massed gathering on the East Hill" as Hastings Police put it on their twitter feed, appears to have gone ahead, before 06.00 this morning I saw a group of reasonably mature looking, certainly not 'rave' types, tidying up the rubbish left behind, many thanks to them. Comments on the feed suggests that there were at least 4 police cars and probably 8 police officers in attendance, but I haven't been able to find out yet if there were any arrests, or on-the-spot fines handed out. If I find out I shall share the information, I just had a look at the Sussex Police website News Search, and nothing there either, yet.

So, batten down the hatches and prepare for another weekend of madness, or go out and enjoy the sun (maintaining social distancing of course), delete as appropriate, whatever, do be careful and look after yourselves folk!

No comments:

Post a Comment