Tuesday 12 June 2018

The Crazy World Crazy Golf Weekend!


So why hadn't I blogged over the weekend? 1) IT problem; 2) Consequently I'd been using the library IT facilities; 3) I couldn't use the library's facilities Friday (practice) and Saturday ('not' competing, but taking part!) in the World Crazy Golf Championships 2018. See last week's blog, Cheers Davids and Maz!

One David 'kicks off' on Saturday!


Finishing off at the first hole, with organiser Sean to the right (light blue shirt).

Russell at the final hole (really, he's there!)

OK, I was only trying to cope in the 4 rounds of Saturday as a 'novice', first 3 rounds with Sean the organiser and Dee, who came eighth in the Novice Championship, nice one Dee! Both were a pleasure to go round with, and my third round showed a wee bit more promise. Russell Smith, who I'd gone round with for a practice round the day before, easily won the Novice event with a quality 10 under par, congratulations to him, well deserved! I've since been told he's now a member of Planet Hastings (blog); 2nd was Chris Horn, and 3rd Mark Berezicki.

Evidence I was there!

The fourth round, and us novices were playing with other novices with similar scores from the first 3 rounds, quite fun, even though I fell apart a couple of times, notably at the 16th hole (or 70th), and dropped from 26th to 32nd, oh well, it's only a game. 😉 Anyway, the 2 lads I went round with Simon (dressed as a 'classic' golfer, quality) and Dan were pleasant company too. Afterwards I discovered that Dan was one of the 4-strong Bavard Bar (website) team, of which I met 2 more later, good craic, we'd even been in touch via social media before, small world it is!


The second day of competition, Sunday, saw some novices join the pros for further crazy golf fun, here Russ, the previous day's champion is in the centre of this image, for his first competition he actually came seventh overall, 14 under, story of the weekend, nice one indeed! Overall winner was Marc Chapman, 26 shots under par; 2nd Adam Kelly, one shot behind; 3rd Michael Smith, a further one shot behind Adam.


You can guess that I refrained from taking part in crazy golf play on Sunday, thank you very much, and spent lunch and the early afternoon at the Cinque Ports Arms in All Saints Street, I think I deserved to relax, cheers!

Goodnight from Hastings Adventure Golf!

Overall, yes, I enjoyed myself, although because I took part this year I can no longer take part as a 'novice' at future championships, so don't expect me to humiliate myself again next year, though don't let that hold you back if entering as a novice, there's money to be won! But, seriously, everyone I talked to was very friendly and helpful, whether novices, pros or organisers, so many thanks to them all, cheers!

If you want to see the full results list, go to their website.


No comments:

Post a Comment