Friday 22 June 2018

Hastings Pier update...


Well, this is from yesterday, and I have to admit they didn't say which Friday Hastings Pier would open again, but now it appears that, following the new owner not knowing he had to have 3rd Party Liability Insurance for the Pier (see previous blog), now the reopening will not be until Monday, hmmm, watch this space...

Yesterday, all our troubles seemed...

Anyway, I did a bit more research as I am a concerned person, notably, what is happening with the archives previously gathered, and what about the staff? Regarding staff, it appears that the majority have left already, but I was assured that the archives remain with friends, so are in safe hands! Oh yes, and the Heritage Lottery Fund Interactive Tables and Exhibition is going to Hastings Museum & Art Gallery, so at least some things are safe!

In addition, Friends of Hastings Pier are continuing to exist, primarily to secure a sustainable future for Hastings Pier "that serves the community's interests" and to explore ways of working with the new owner to achieve mutually beneficial objectives. If you wish to support or volunteer to work with the Friends of Hastings Pier and aren't already on their mailing list, email FriendsofHastingsPier@gmail.com 

Oh yes, and I have written to some major players, I shall share answers with you, though I doubt I'll get much different to what others are receiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment