Tuesday 19 June 2018

Hastings Pier Still Closed Worry...

Sorry to be going on about the Pier, but even more concerns... 

Hastings Pier today CLOSED, 19-06-18

Well, I just got back from Hastings Pier, hoping to see the reopening ceremony, or at least the reopening, and guess what? Indeed, it isn't open, though it may be reopening on Friday morning I was told (though I wasn't told which year!). And who told me? Well, someone from the Hastings Observer who was due to interview Mr Gulzar this morning told me, and he was there with a film camera person (I didn't wait, mainly because I wanted to let people know it's still closed and...). Anyway, the Observer hack told me he was a friend of Mr Gulzar, so don't expect too searching an interview!

Why is it closed still? Here's another worrying factor, Mr Gulzar didn't know he had to have 3rd Party Liability Insurance, which is a legal requirement in case a visitor to the Pier, or worker, is injured or dies whilst on the Pier. There's a relief! Even if the Administrators didn't tell him (an excuse I believe we are about to be given!), he would have to know about 3rd Party Liability Insurance as he already owns Eastbourne Pier and a hotel and presumably was thought to be a successful and competent entrepreneur by the Heritage Lottery Fund. Oh dear, please remind me never to visit Eastbourne Pier, in case they lack the required insurance. 

What have the people of Hastings done to deserve this incompetent businessman?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment