Wednesday 11 November 2020

Walking, Seafront, Parks and Shopping, Lucky Us!


Rather than walk eastwards today, my exercise included a couple of walks along the seafront, first, to the west and then heading away from the seafront by the majestic Marine Court (older blog) and walking up through the delightful St Leonards Gardens (another older blog). I cut across to Bohemia Road via Tower Road to go shopping at Lidl, as you do sometimes when you go shopping. Then, to get home, I walked back downhill through yet another delightful park, Alexandra Park (above, and yet another older blog). We are so lucky, not only do we have the healthy seafront to walk along, but 3 excellent award winning parks too (blog), quality! 

Hastings Lifeboat

It almost makes lockdown bearable... almost, but it does help a lot. Anyway, after a mug of tea and a couple of Rich Tea biscuits, I headed out along the front again, though eastwards this time, as I had to collect something fishing boat/work related. Lo and behold, our Shannon Class lifeboat, RNLI 13-28 Richard & Caroline Colton was sitting outside the Hastings Lifeboat Station (above), that was a pleasant surprise! The video linked in this blog during Storm Ciara earlier this year is well worth watching if you haven't already seen it. Although I've seen it quite a few times and feel blessed by our lifeboat crew and volunteers every time I see it, my respect to them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment