Saturday 14 November 2020

Out for a Weekend Walk & Beer to Your Door!


I had to get out for a bit of exercise and to stop myself climbing the walls this morning, living alone can lead you to do suchlike, particularly if you don't see anyone else you know for too long. So I got out and managed to wave and/or say 'hello' to a few people I know, and a couple I don't know, as that face in my bathroom mirror gets a wee bit boring when the only other person I see. 😉 Anyway, a bit windy, high waters and waves, like above at Rock-a-Nore, where a couple of lads were actually fishing at the end of the east harbour arm, having to jump up for every high wave; I would have published a photograph of them, but I was giggling and the one above came out better.


I had managed to see a few people I know, thankfully, and had short very socially distanced chats, and on my way back I noticed that the Jolly Fisherman was again making Friday deliveries (blog from the first lockdown), and this lockdown the rules allow for click & collect too; above are the ales, keg beers and ciders/perry available; they also have numerous bottles and cans. Go to their website for further details, I have to admit to being tempted, particularly by the Angels & Demons brew, but... 😈


Notice anything different in the photograph above? Well, the footpath 'widening' has gone a few weeks earlier than originally planned (blog), there were a few complaints that it was effecting local businesses because of less parking, although with the lockdown until the beginning of December, at least, did it really matter? Anyway, now I'll have to walk in the road proper to avoid cycles on the footpath, or do as I did earlier and use the cycle path, much safer and less likely to get hit by a cycle! 😏


Talking of parking, was there an Optivo convention on Pelham Beach this morning?

Anyway, please look after yourselves folks, wash your hands regularly, maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres, wear face coverings where required, and let's respect and be considerate to each other, cheers m'dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment