Saturday 20 June 2020

Nitrous Oxide and New Toilet Blocks... Separately!


From my walk this morning, and I shall deal with the 2 subjects separately, although it is likely that toilet blocks have been used as somewhere in which to sniff Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas), but first, the commonly seen aftermath of (usually) young people sniffing Nitrous Oxide/Laughing Gas/Hippy Crack/Noz in cars... Although it is illegal to use Nitrous Oxide for recreational purposes, it is reasonably easy to purchase because of its legal uses, notably for making whipped cream, of all innocuous things. Okay, I get that youngsters are taking advantage of that ease of acquisition, and it is relatively cheap, and no judgmental attitude from me people, but there is a bin just yards away from where the canisters are dumped, please use the bins or take home your rubbish, many thanks! Plus, I don't want others to think I'm irresponsible, so I must give this health warning, sniffing Nitrous Oxide can cause health problems, including an increased heart rate, swelling of the brain, nerve damage, burns and anaemia, not to forget death (average of 5 deaths per year in Britain). I trawled the internet for articles, and this is the most recent, from the ITV website just 3 days ago.

Secondly, toilet blocks, as in those that I mentioned in my blog yesterday, when I referred to the coming reopening of Shear Barn, and the possible traffic problems in Barley Lane because of the delivery of the toilet blocks in the photograph above. Well, here they are this morning, 2 rather large portable buildings, so I can understand about the warning given to local car owners regarding parking and the width of the road. Indeed, I have been given a report (many thanks Yvonne) that the police had to be called as a low loader was stuck in Barley Lane, you can't say I didn't warn you... 😉

Be safe folk!

No comments:

Post a Comment