Friday 26 June 2020

Battening Down the Hatches this Weekend!


This was the Pelham car park earlier this week, and evidence in the background the RNLI Lifeguards are back, if only at this one place on Hastings beach, plus evidence it wasn't too busy in Hastings... Well this photograph was taken not long after 9 am, and already people were turning up in their cars, so ignore that last comment! Personally, I tend to avoid beaches at the best of times when the sun worshippers are around/in the summer, and it's not just on the beach it's busy, on my way walking back from the blood donor session up on The Ridge (blog), Monday afternoon, I came back down through Alexandra Park, and it was packed, it was like the summer holidays it was so full, and this was only on Monday, the temperature to carry on increasing until yesterday!


And this was the scene at Bournemouth yesterday, where they had to declare a major incident because of the overcrowding, and we are well aware of the problems there has been recently, including yesterday, in nearby Camber Sands (Kent Live News)! Again, because I'm not a beach lover, consequently, I have avoided the seafront like the plague after 10 am, but please feel free to add a comment and tell me what it was like in Hastings. Whatever, it will only get worse this weekend... 

and I dread what it will be like Saturday week, the 4th of July, with pubs reopening, and social distancing being reduced to one metre plus!

So I shall be battening down the hatches over the next few weekends, as soon as I get indoors following lovely peaceful early morning walks, fingers crossed. 😾

No comments:

Post a Comment