Sunday 29 March 2020

Hastings Central Banks, Shops & Other Information

Alexandra Park

Having had a lay in this morning (I woke at 05.00 instead of 04.00 😉 ) I decided my daily exercise, maintaining over 2 metres distance etc., would be an information gathering occasion too, predominantly for the town centre. Starting off via Morrisons at 06.45-ish I checked on their opening times (I haven't been in here for what seems like months, but more likely, a couple of weeks). Anyway, they are now opening Monday to Saturday 8 am to 8 pm, 10 am to 4 pm on Sundays. Responsibly, they have a queuing system to ensure that a limited number of customers are in the store at any one time.


Next, I had planned to walk up through Alexandra Park (blog about the park, among many) to Lidl in Bohemia Road, but as I walked through the park I realized that, at 07.00 hours, it was packed with people walking their dogs (avoid the park if possible, if you want to maintain social distancing easily that is!). So, I got out to Lower Park Road at my earliest convenience, then wandered up the path through the woods (above image, and saw no-one here) that connects with Amherst Road, and then up to Bohemia Road. To Lidl, who are ensuring sensible levels of customers by using a queuing system too (not while I was there, of course, I was way too early), their opening times appear to be the same as usual, that is, from 10.00 today.


Continuing my daily exercise regime (fewer miles today, Sunday being the day of rest), and the fact that, if you live a few minutes walk from the seafront, you should enjoy that fact when the weather is fine (though spots of rain and SNOW 😲 today), I carried on down to the seafront and took this photograph. Then I set back eastwards to see what was happening at Iceland, who have changed their hours a wee bit and, since the last time I was there, they appear to have changed their priorities too. Usual Sunday opening time from 10.00 am, but from 09.00 to 17.00 for customers Monday to Saturday, however, for NHS staff they are remaining open from 17.00 (5 pm).


Then, walking back into the town centre I checked up on bank opening times, which generally appear to be closed at weekends now, and open between 10.00 am and 2.00 pm (10.00 to 14.00 hours) Monday to Friday, although with slight deviations of opening at 09.00 some days, then closing at 13.00 hours. I imagine that at other banks around the Hastings area the opening times are very similar, but please add a comment if I am wrong here, many thanks. And I do apologize for switching between the 24 hour and 12 hour clock during this blog, but you'll get the gist. 

Also, at the 2 'local' shops, Sainsbury's Local in Devonshire Road (Station Approach, below the railway station) and Tesco Express in Havelock Road, both have monitored queuing arranged outside to limit customers. Indeed, impressively I found this morning, that Tesco Express asks customers to use the hand sanitizer provided by them, just inside the door, when you enter, and on leaving, excellent facility Tesco, many thanks!

Continue to remain careful, respect others and maintain at least 2 metres between you and other people at all times. We'll all be grateful for social distancing, no doubt...

No comments:

Post a Comment