Sunday 23 June 2019

We said our goodbyes...


We said our 'goodbyes' to Debby on Thursday, and I seem to be writing quite depressing blogs recently, so I avoided writing this one until today, though I did write the following on my facebook page on the day: 

"What a weird day... Attended the funeral of a friend I care about... who died way too young... Loved celebrating her life with others who cared about her too, but I know I'll never speak to her again, sad." 😢 

The service delivered by Jonathan Mendenhall was spot on (excellent Jonathan!), with 170-180 people present at the crematorium, the family present were wonderful to talk to, notably her mother and sister, as were the many friends, and many ex-colleagues who turned up too. There were tears and cuddles galore, and not a little laughter too. As someone else has said, Debby would have been proud, as we all were, proud to have known her, proud to be there and to have made our own personal goodbyes. 

Wonderful organisation all round, an excellent wake delivered with free buffet by the Dolphin Inn, including fish donated by the Fish Market, thank you to all.

Glad to have known you Debby, just wish it had been for much longer...

Debby Green R.I.P.  (19/04/1969-29/05/2019)  😢

No comments:

Post a Comment