Saturday 1 June 2019

Debby Green R.I.P.


I've known for a few days that Debby died earlier this week, but had held back from saying anything to ensure that her family were aware before I posted anything. I've only known Debby for a little over 8 years, and am happy that she was a part of my life, but sadly, not as many years as it should have been. Debby was just 50 years old when she died, apparently of natural causes, and, though she was not the easiest of people to get on with sometimes, I will miss ensuring her regularly that she really did love me. Like with many others we shared banter whilst she worked behind the bar, most recently for over 8 years working at the Dolphin Inn, and before that Debby worked at the Cutter, and the Standard before that, and many years working at Turners in the High Street even further back, so she will be known by many...


I wrote about Debby, and others at the Dolphin, when she had her hair shorn in 2015 to raise money for a 7 year-old girl with cancer, the daughter and granddaughter of well-known local folk. In addition, Debby donated her shorn locks to a charity to create a wig for a needy child (blog). Yet another example of how amazing the people of Hastings are, and Debby was certainly one extraordinary young woman.

A collection is being made towards the cost of Debby's funeral at the Dolphin Inn in Rock-a-Nore Road, and soon a collection box will be behind the bar, so please be generous and support this effort, many thanks. I shall keep you aware of when and where the funeral and wake will be held. 

Debby Green R.I.P. Already missing you... 😢

1 comment:

  1. miss you debs. so badly. cant believe u wont be here to see zendaya grow up. like u did with riesse xx love u dee

    ReplyDelete