Sunday 2 June 2019

Hastings: Early Seafront Walk and Breakfast...


OK, I haven't eaten a full traditional breakfast for a long time now, mostly for health reasons, and I'm sure I'll be tempted very soon, but here you go. I walked to Marine Court yesterday, and on the way back I passed these providers at quite an early time. First, below Warrior Square Gardens on the lower promenade, the Goat Ledge Cafe (website), which opened at 09.00.


Second, and opening from 07.00 for breakfasts (I double checked inside!) is the White Rock Hotel (website), virtually opposite the Pier.


Then, a wee bit closer to the America Ground and Mungos (facebook page), which opens at 09.00.


Past the crazy golf course and you reach the Hastings & St Leonards Angling Association (website) which also opens earlier, at 07.30.


Next to last, west to east, and into Rock-a-Nore Road now, is the Mermaid Restaurant (facebook page), which opens at 09.00.


Finally, a few doors along in Rock-a-Nore Road, the Dolphin Inn (facebook page), which opens at 09.00 at weekends.

Please remember, this was a Saturday, some open a little later during the week.


Of course, and I have to recount this story, I passed the Pier twice, when I first went by just after 07.00, walking westwards, I stopped to have a chat with a gentleman waiting for the manager to let him on so he could fish from the end of the Pier; he had checked the day before that this was OK... Anyway, when I came back, walking eastwards, he was still waiting to get onto the Pier, and we had a shorter conversation, as was another gentleman in a mobility scooter, had to mention... 

No comments:

Post a Comment