Tuesday 13 March 2018

Housing in Hastings, hmmm...


A wander out, quite nice weather, and at Sea Road, by Grosvenor Gardens, I noticed 5 caravans docked without number plates on them (that first one on the right had a wee cat looking out at me as I took the photograph!). Now, we know that mobile caravans do park overnight in such places, but these 5 non-motorised caravans have been docked here for ages! Is this a new way of solving the housing crisis? Apparently no council tax or rent required, sadly I do still have to pay my council tax and rent!


While talking about housing problems... these flats in Undercliffe, below West Ascent, St Leonards, have still not been built! Despite approval being given in 1966, work starting in 1972, then the dodgy underpinning that meant gardens behind slipped and work had to cease, then the builders went bankrupt, I was told. That's 52 years since approval, and they look like they'll not be built in the next 52 years either! 

No wonder there's a housing shortage...

No comments:

Post a Comment