Sunday 18 March 2018

Hastings Half Marathon 2018 Results


It was cold, and with a strong wind racing in from the East, presumably Putin's response to Boris's bluster, only made it feel colder, but luckily it didn't start snowing until the half marathon was over... Anyway, here they are starting, I didn't see whether that photographer to the left got knocked over in the rush, he deserved to, leaving it so late!


The early leaders race by me, some blurred in their flight, or it could just be I'm not a proper photographer with an expensive camera, but you do get the feeling of speed...


Here was my final (regarding the race) resting place, my hands got so cold that my clapping made no noise, I hadn't realised that was what happened before! Anyway, here, the car that led them around the course passes by me, and it's 56 minutes and 11 seconds after the first photograph above...


Swiftly behind the car came the man who would finish first, Adam Clarke of Hastings AC, who finished in 1 hour 8 minutes and 35 seconds, CONGRATULATIONS!


Second, and a wee bit blurred, sorry, was to be this man, Charlie Joslin-Allen of Tonbridge AC, finishing in 1 hour 8 minutes and 52 seconds, a close finish!


Third was another Hastings AC runner, Gary Foster, the first of these 2 men, who finished in 1 hour 10 minutes and 59 seconds, 2 seconds ahead of the man behind him!


The first woman to cross the finishing line was Maria Heslop of Tonbridge AC in 1 hour 21 minutes and 28 seconds, CONGRATULATIONS for winning the women's race!


The second woman to cross the finishing line was another Hastings AC runner, Stacey Clusker, in a time of 1 hour 23 minutes and 37 seconds.


And the third woman to cross the finishing line in 1 hour 25 minutes and 52 seconds was yet another Hastings AC runner, Rachael Grass, nice one!

For the results, go to the website, apologies if I've made any errors, though I sincerely hope I haven't, but it appears 2,469 courageous runners finished the half marathon in bitterly cold conditions, which I believe may be a record number, if I heard the speaker correctly at the beginning. Natasha Kelly, who ran in support of the Elsie-Rose & Friends Foundation, finished in a very creditable time of 2 hours 27 minutes and 41 seconds, well done to her, and many thanks for her support of the Foundation, for which she raised nearly £1,500!

Indeed, my warm congratulations to all those who took part, softy me had to nip into the Cinque Ports Arms opposite to warm up my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment