Sunday 15 February 2015

A Sunday in Hastings pre-Mardi Gras!

What can I say? Even the weekend before Mardi Gras, or 'Fat Tuesday' (in English/Hastings) isn't just about dressing up, music, drinking and partying...


Hastings Runners had their annual Eastbourne Pier to Hastings Pier run today, except now it continues past the pier to East Hastings Sea Angling Club and the Lifeboat Station, circa 16 miles, with a shorter run from Cooden  Beach Hotel, for those only fancying an 8 mile jog. As seen here, I was being overtaken by runners as I walked to the Stade...


When I arrived, I noticed the lifeboat being manoeuvred back into the station as it had been out on a training exercise. This photograph includes the main lifeboat, the smaller one, their tractor and the station all in one shot, which seemed the appropriate photograph to post on this blog.


I'd come to catch the build up to the Umbrella Parade, but as I had to be at St Mary in the Castle before 12 noon, I couldn't wait for the start. However, here they are starting to form up for the parade...


As I was helping out at the Jazz festival, with its beer and cider bar, I got there before the parade turned up, above... Lots of noise, jollity, music, banter and beer and cider ensued, but that's another story, fun was had, indeed, cheers! 

2 comments:

  1. What a lot for a Sunday eh! Fabulous. That's Hastings for you. Loved the blog Steve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog ! Shows why Hastings is such a fabulous place to be .

    ReplyDelete