Thursday 26 February 2015

Hastings Borough Council Watch - February Part I

I attended the Council Meeting yesterday evening, the longest council meeting that I've attended so far whilst writing this bog, as in nearly two and a half hours, and it was a humdinger, honest! 


The primary purpose was to have the 'Corporate Plan', budget and 'Capital Programme' approved by the full council, which were all approved, with amendments from the 'Opposition' falling by the wayside. It would have been very entertaining, if it hadn't been so serious! I shall write a more full account very soon (other commitments have overtaken me today, sorry), which will include an assessment of the ideological battle going on at the Town Hall (which may not be as you think!), and details of another Council tax rise, sadly... 

No comments:

Post a Comment