Wednesday 17 July 2024

Lighter Breakfast on Hastings Pier...

I was passing Hastings Pier earlier, and on another impulse I decided to sit in the shade of the Pavilion, and have a late-ish breakfast sandwich at Casa De Pier (facebook). The view for me (above) was lovely, the lapping of water on the shore below me was relaxing, I was sitting in the shade to cool down (I had been walking in the sunshine along the promenade) on the west side, close up to the building to keep out of gulls' views, hopefully, and I was successful.
I asked for a mug of tea and a bacon sandwich, then as a second thought asked for mushrooms as well please. What I got is shown in the image immediately above; I'd already started drinking the tea. Not quite the bacon and mushroom sandwich in untoasted bread I was expecting (would have been in a breadcake or other version of a bap elsewhere in the country), but bacon in toasted bread and mushrooms on the side, which I enjoyed immensely, and probably meant I received many more mushrooms than I would have got in a straight sandwich, and I love mushrooms. Not bad at all for a little over a fiver, I shall return, no doubt about that, nice one!

No comments:

Post a Comment