Thursday 6 January 2022

2022 - A Quiet Beginning...

I'm not really a 'killjoy' but I've never been into celebrating the New Year coming in/Old Year's Night, and, taking notice of the pandemic's persistence, I didn't really want to enter anywhere that had too many others crammed into it, so I had a quiet time on the 31st of December and on the 1st of January. Being in the Planet Hastings Crazy Golf Club, I did take part in our 'friendly' New Year Knockabout, and yes it was a wee bit competitive... 😉 2 of the members in the image above (it was a bit chilly) finished in the top 3, David H coming first; this after us all playing on each of the 3 courses at Hastings Adventure Golf (website), and well done to all, particularly Mr H!*

Talking about COVID-19 and the incidence in Hastings, as in all over Europe, has been increasing significantly, particularly among younger people, although we're still significantly below the national (huge) average with over a thousand infected individuals in Hastings, which works out as 1,160 per 100,000 in the week ending the 1st of January, compared to the 1,676 per 100,000 average in England (BBC).

So, remember to stay safe folks!


* I came 12th... 😀 out of 12 😏 as I'm not much cop... Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment