Monday 19 July 2021

Free For All Day! Step 4/5/6?!?

Well, after the excitement of Hastings Pirate Weekend 2021 (blog), and, okay, I stayed indoors for most of it: a) I'm not great to be with when I'm hot, so no loss to the Hastings public, and b) I do not trust all people to be sensible, despite most people being responsible, nor to maintain social distancing, notably when numbers on the streets increase significantly, Monday the 19th of July 2021 looks like being Free For All Day!

I'm not being cynical, nor saying that I don't trust anyone else, I trust many people, many of whom want to remain healthy, but, for example, last week I witnessed someone being 'arsy' in a pub not wearing a face covering when walking to and from the toilet (excuse the colloquialism but it's the closest word to describe him and his behaviour), plus standing up chatting to others in the pub whilst the publican was outside smoking. Doesn't sound too worrying? Well, first, it's totally disrespectful of the publican whose licence was, at that time, at risk because of his arsiness, plus disrespectful of everyone else in the pub, not to mention aggressive towards me (silly man!) when I pointed this out. Just for one more week, at least until any possible future lockdown in the coming months, he could have at least accepted wearing a face covering, as was legally required. So NO! There are a good many people I do not trust to be responsible and respect other people, indeed, rather than punch the bloke, sensibly, I decided to leave the pub, I think I even paid for a pint I never drank, I was so angry! 😏

So, yes, I am being cynical, please carry on being careful folks, and stay safe!

Government advice/being irresponsible (website); insert Step 6 for Step 4...


Please note that for the week ending the 12th of July 2021 Hastings had 270 cases of Covid-19, down 50 from the previous week. or 291 per 100,000, slightly less than the national average of 321 per 100,000, and 78% of adults in Hastings had had a first vaccine dose, and 61% had had 2 doses (BBC).


No comments:

Post a Comment