Friday 30 July 2021

Bowls Green & Pavilion for Lease - Alexandra Park


Walking back through Alexandra Park (blog) this morning and I noticed the Bowls Green and Pavilion had a 'For Sale' notice on the fence. Now, please excuse me for not having noticed before, but I had a chat with a gentleman and his partner/wife/friend who told me that it hasn't been used as a bowls green for over a year now, basically to do with Government funding cuts to Hastings, and Hastings Borough Council spending priorities. This year would have seen the bowls club running for 120 years, but no, sadly! And I had been thinking it wasn't being used because of Covid-19 lockdowns...

Part of the pavilion is already being let as a food & drink kiosk, but within the pavilion is still available a large main room, kitchen and changing room. Details of the lease available can be found at the Council's website, the rent appears to be negotiable.


No comments:

Post a Comment