Friday 28 December 2018

Still Closed...



Further to my blog the other day, I have just come from Hastings Pier and it remains closed! I've been advised that staff were paid their late wages at the eleventh hour, though not sure how much allegiance the Pier owner/s now have from staff, but I so hope it was true that they did receive the appropriate remuneration, and that their taxes and national insurance were paid by the owner too.

The weather isn't exactly bright, but no wind to speak of, indeed, hardly a breeze, so no obvious reason for the Pier to remain closed... and Hastings Library is open, as I am, at the moment, using a computer in the library from which to post this blog, cheers!



2 comments:

  1. Put it back as iy was - it has no character or atttactions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I hope the staff were paid, last I heard they were not. But maybe there was a Christmas miracle, as you say, at the eleventh hour. I suspect however, all trust in pier owner has gone, so no staff, no pier. Sad.

    ReplyDelete