Thursday 5 July 2018

Happy Birthday NHS!

Today is the 70th anniversary of the setting up of the NHS, Happy Birthday to you! Now, I am a firm supporter of the National Health Service, I have been a patient in the NHS, I have worked in the NHS as a clinician, and I have taught Health Studies to clinicians and others. I do fear any attempts to privatise the NHS and, do please note, many politicians are ideologically opposed towards the NHS, including most of the current Cabinet... Any attempts to allow the USA to take over health care in Britain as part of any post-Brexit strategy (not unlikely!) should be opposed by the British as the NHS is a fundamental part of what we are. So, here's to another 70 years, at least, of the NHS!

I've had my say for today, many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment