Friday 23 February 2018

Tower Ale & Cider Festival 2018...


OK, it looks like I've been preoccupied by this ale and cider festival, but that's just the way it has happened, mostly because I've visited friends elsewhere in the country for nearly a week, and because, well, it's happening right now (blog)! Also, because I've just returned from there, and, even if you don't like ale and cider, the beef & ale stew (£1 a bowl!) is very tasty, rich and great value, and you only have the next couple of hours to enjoy it, if that! I cannot wait to taste the pork & cider stew tomorrow... Indeed, both made with ale and cider available at the bar.

As to the ales, well, I volunteered to help serve at the festival bar, so didn't go over the top, but tried 6 of the ales available, all at least were very good. The first I found to be a wee bit too malty and sweet for me, but Lisa, my colleague at the time really enjoyed it, and she's a wine and cider drinker; though she liked quite a few of the ales, so a new ale drinker signed up! But two in particular were very good, the Welsh Tiny Rebel Full Nelson and, especially, the Sussex brewery Downlands Mosaic, which I noted as "gorgeous"- say no more! 

As I suggested 'hurry, hurry, hurry!'

No comments:

Post a Comment