Friday 10 April 2015

When Irish eyes are smiling...

It may not seem appropriate to a blog that concentrates on Hastings, but this really is! 


Bear with me, but yesterday I visited London to see my brother and 2 nieces, and enjoyed the day immensely, however, on my way back, 3 generations of Irish womanhood boarded the train at Gatwick, and, to their chagrin, perhaps, they were lumbered with me... Anyway, we chatted, or more probably, I talked a fair bit to them, and I prised out of them a few details about their planned long weekend visit to Hastings, to stay with the matriarch's sister. Anyway, I wished them well, have a great weekend etc... 


This lunchtime, I was imbibing with friends in the FILO, after strenuous work of course, and who should walk in, but the 4 women in question?!? Well, it would have been rude of me to not say "hello" again, so I did. They appear to be enjoying their time in Hastings already, and so they should, of course, the wonderful place that Hastings is, and I wish them an excellent rest of their visit stay here, enjoy yourselves, slainte m'dears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment