Monday 21 August 2023

RX134 Stacey Marie Sadly Gone...


I'd been away over the weekend and now found out that the remains of RX134 Stacey Marie (facebook) were taken away on Friday; see my previous blog, if you weren't aware of her sad demise. I've also heard that her name plate, propellor, and other artefacts are now at Hastings Fishermen's Museum (blog). I've been aware for some time that one of the older lifeboats now situated up Old London Road was to be brought down to Rock a Nore Road. The first position proposed was apparently at the Shipwreck Museum, (website - I really do need to write a blog about this great museum!), but a trustee informed me that they just didn't have the space.

Anyway, the space now planned for the lifeboat is where RX134 used to be berthed, sadly, her final berth. I've been told that the Priscilla MacBean (blog) is the lifeboat moving down here, but I've also seen someone say it's the Cyril and Lilian Bishop (blog) that's being moved down! I shall try to find out the reality asap...

No comments:

Post a Comment