Friday 26 November 2021

COVID-19 Rate in Hastings Concerning...


Memories of walking during lockdowns aren't so bad, but the rate of COVID-19 infections in Hastings continues to rise, according to the BBC there were 600 cases in Hastings for the week 15-21 November, the equivalent of 648 per 100,000, compared to the national average of 450 per 100,000...

At the beginning of the second lockdown in November last year (blog) the equivalent in Hastings was just 31.3 per 100,000! So yes, I am a wee bit concerned. I note from the BBC that the incidence is growing significantly among the under 60s in Hastings, whereas it's dropping amongst those aged 60 and over, which is better news for old gits like me, but it's looking as though the incidence is particularly increasing amongst those who have refused to have vaccinations, indeed, I know of a few personally. Mercifully, the number of related deaths in Hastings is relatively very low, and I hear the Conquest isn't packed with cases, fingers crossed that may continue.

Please folks let's remember that the COVID-19 Crisis hasn't gone away, so be very careful in crowded indoor places in particular, I'm still wearing a face covering in shops, the shopping centre, library, on trains and buses etc, but notice many people appear to be happy to share their germs, perhaps trying to emulate the recent abhorrent behaviour of the Prime Minister, so no wonder the incidence keeps rising... 

And I continue to regularly wash my hands thoroughly, taking advantage whenever and wherever I see hand sanitiser. Do look after yourselves and stay safe folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment