Friday 2 April 2021

Happy Easter and another Bird Blog!

I'm having a few technical problems with writing my blogs, and they should be more frequent in a week or two, but I'm borrowing resources for now, many thanks friends, and I had to say Happy Easter! Whatever that means to readers, but to me it certainly is a time of year where we witness birth and renewal with the arrival of Spring. Also, we usually feel very positive and optimistic around now in 'normal' times, and may those feelings continue throughout this year, fingers crossed... 


Anyway, my travels have continued across Hastings Country Park since lockdown began just over a year ago, and I have witnessed many of the birds I saw last Spring and early Summer, well, similar birds, at least. I had been particularly enchanted by a Song Thrush sitting up in the same tree in Barley Lane every day for a few weeks, singing his heart out, but recently he moved on, presumably his singing had made its mark on a potential partner: Love is in the air! But I have heard Song Thrushes all across the Park too, and still regularly hear one in Fairlight Glen, so I'm not too disappointed, yet. I thought sharing a link to YouTube and an example of the Song Thrush in full voice would be nice, indeed!


I've seen numerous birds of prey, Sparrowhawks, Kestrels, and Buzzards for example, but chatting to another mature gentleman, certainly more mature than me in a couple of ways, 😉 and he made me very jealous that he's seen an Osprey in Warren Glen! I wish he hadn't told me, although I'm glad he did really, as they are seen every now and then apparently, and I'd hate to miss one, so my awareness is now pretty acute when I walk into the Glen. You never know, I may be lucky and see an Osprey one day...


As I said above, I've seen many of the birds I've talked about in 10 blogs or so over the last year, including Chiffchaffs, Robins, Blackbirds, Great Tits, Blue Tits, Whinchats, Yellowhammers and Linnets, but... I am now seeing a bird I hadn't seen for years, the elegant Long-tailed Tit, and not just the one either, but I have to admit that has been over the garden fence of a property in Fairlight, feeding off bird feeders, but great stuff!
 
Enjoy your long weekend folks, and remember our Emergency Workers, and other Key Workers, who are at work 24/7, my respect and thoughts with them, cheers!


The photograph of the Song Thrush is thanks to the RSPB and Chris Gomersall, the Osprey thanks to The Wildlife Trusts and Peter Cairns, and the Long-tailed Tits thanks to Sussex Wildlife Trust and Bob Eade. Many thanks to all, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment