Monday 1 February 2021

Hastings Country Park Exercise & Vandalism Gripes!


Out for my daily exercise earlier, walking across Hastings Country Park Local Nature Reserve (website) and it was a wee bit misty, even more so 30 minutes before I took this photograph. But the 4 Belted Galloway Cattle were up at the top of the Warren Glen field as I was on my way walking back home, and I couldn't resist taking this, my favourite photograph of the year so far... But earlier, I was upset a tad! 

So what upset me, and made me a tad angry? Apparent ignorance of The Countryside Code (Government website) for a start! Well, first, the amount of dog poo being left on pathways by dog owners has certainly increased since the first lockdown commenced, and a friend who lives at Fairlight regularly highlights this problem to me. The Countryside Code states that dog owners should "always clean up after your dog and get rid of the mess responsibly - 'bag it and bin it'." 

Secondly, this gate (above) has had its latch replaced many many times over the last 10 months, I noticed there was a new latch when I was there on Friday, but it's gone again today, so, I'm presuming that, over the weekend, a COVID vandal has, once again, struck! Because the whole latch hasn't been nicked, just a part of it removed, it's the only reason we can think of that every time it is replaced, it gets damaged or removed, a paranoid individual must be at fault. Now, as a Hastings resident and COUNCIL TAX payer, I am very resentful that I, and other Hastings residents, are paying for the replacements that this bampot is removing!

The Countryside Code states that you should "Leave gates and property as you find them" - NOT vandalize them! If the individual, I'm guessing it's just one person, surely there can't be more bampots like him/her out there, is that paranoid about the COVID-19 Crisis then stay at home! Or if you want to take advantage walking in our wonderful local countryside park, and who could blame you for wanting that, then bring rubber gloves or sanitizer with you, please do NOT vandalize our country park! There are reasons for gates being open or closed in the countryside, read The Countryside Code (website) and please stop wasting our council tax payments!

Remember, respect other people and the countryside, many thanks. 👍

I shall now relax... 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment