Thursday 31 December 2020

Today's Seafront Walk & Exercise, and Best Wishes for 2021!


I left home about 07.00 this morning, to get out for my daily exercise before it became too crowded, as it was yesterday, I was later informed by Judy at the Stade loos, as I was wishing her 'all the best' for 2021. I also saw Paul (Street Hygiene) working down towards the end of Rock-a-Nore Road, and wished him 'all the best' too!


Then I started my return to the West, passing RX134 the Stacey Marie (blog), and gave my best wishes to Johnny Swann at The Net Shop opposite.


I see at least 4 pubs in this photograph, sadly closed still, even at lunchtime, and at least 1 other building that used to be a pub, and the moon... 😢


No Ted's Planet Hastings Seasonal Sprouting competition (blog) at the Adventure Golf Course this year, sadly, no need to explain why the courses are closed... 😢 


The Sculpture on the Beach of a Norman lifeboat (which I like even more every time I see it!) has been sited here since it was part of the Route 1066 arts festival in the year of the 950th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings (blog).


Bottle Alley, which co-starred in the film Byzantium (blog); the Bottle Alley Festive Light Show is every night until January the 4th, so you have a few nights left to see it, whilst taking your daily evening exercise, obviously! Shows are at 7.30 pm and 9.30 pm.


Warrior Square Gardens, the statue of Queen Victoria, honest, you can see it in the middle there, and Marine Court (blog) in the background. 

And Bulverhythe, where I turned around to return home, and which I discuss in my 'virtual' Hastings to Pevensey Bay Walk, along with other local landmarks and history, blog written earlier this year during the never ending COVID-19 Crisis.

A peaceful walk earlier, before the return journey anyway, and it only leaves me to wish you the very best for the year 2021, let's hope things improve very soon folks!

Be safe! 👍


No comments:

Post a Comment