Saturday 31 October 2020

Hastings Pier, Borough Council & Covid-19 Updates

Taken this morning & it's locked up!

Well, I imagine most will have heard by now that the shiny seasonal suggested Winter Wonderland is not going to happen on Hastings Pier before this Christmas and over the New Year, so no ice skating (facebook page). I don't suppose many will be that surprised, I certainly ain't! What is it about the (mostly corrupt it appears) people running things in contemporary times, why are so many totally incompetent too?!? 😕

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention the other day that Pink Recycling Bags are now available at Muriel Matters House in Breeds Place; I spotted plenty of them inside this morning when I looked through the window. Also, among the many pieces of useful information on the Hastings Borough Council facebook page are appropriate links and information regarding temporary accommodation for rough sleepers over the winter, help and advice for people suffering from mental health problems and loneliness, and assistance for those with money problems and short of food. Plus, a reminder that applications to the Foreshore Trust Large Grant programme for charities must be submitted by 12.00 noon on the 6th of November. 

So why was I out and about early this morning taking photographs of a locked-up empty pier, ignoring my insomniac tendencies? 😉 Well, despite Hastings being well under the R rate/whatever that is these days (as I said in my recent blog), and, despite most of our local businesses, and most local people, being sensible regarding the COVID-19 crisis, our incompetent and corrupt leaders (see what I mean about people running things in contemporary times), are considering another lockdown! OK, we all want to fight this virus, but they've had 7/8 months to set up an efficient Test & Trace programme, which they've paid out £billions for to private companies that haven't done the business, rather than to local Public Health Authorities as required for notifiable diseases (Government website). That is, wasting £billions giving our taxpayer's money to rank amateurs with no experience of testing and tracing (corrupt?), rather than to health/local authorities with years of appropriate experience... 

Sorry, but that's why I was out earlier, I felt rather low, and angry... 😣


No comments:

Post a Comment