Saturday 19 September 2020

Live Music on the Pier, not after today (if you have a ticket!) sadly...

Setting up earlier today

So, the gratefully appreciated live music on Hastings Pier (eg blog) has lasted a couple of months, sadly ending before the current management's lease expires on the 4th of October (Rye & Battle Observer). I'd heard a rumour about a video doing the rounds regarding 'over excitable dancing' and 'social distance rules ignoring' at an event last week, but I haven't seen it myself, although I have some friends who told me they have (didn't send link to me though, tut tut!). Anyway, together with the recorded incidence of Covid-19 increasing in Sussex (Bexhill Observer), this has meant that live music planned for this weekend, and the next 2 weekends, has been cancelled, except that...

Queer on the Pier (facebook) is going ahead, hosted by The Fountain Pub on Queens Road, Hastings Pride and Hastings Pier, today from 2.00pm to 10.00pm, with an excellent looking line up, sadly, if you don't have a ticket already, tickets are sold out, with no paying 'on the door' (which looks to be about halfway down the Pier, so the half closest to land looks to be still open to everyone else). Obviously, numbers are limited to help ensure 'social distancing' rules are met, together with a large number of 'stewards' present. To those going, please do enjoy yourselves, and stay safe!

The current management do remind us that the 'bier garden' and other facilities will remain open up to the 4th of October, so please do carry on supporting them, and the best of luck to them, and here's hoping that they may continue to run the Pier following the end of their lease, I'd hate to see the Pier closed yet again...

And yet more filming going on in Hastings as I write (blog).

By the way, Blogger has a new format to work with, not quite as easy to use, and a few things not helpful at all, I'll try to carry on making my blogs readable, and many thanks to all who do read my blog, cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment