Monday 6 November 2017

Fishing from Hastings Pier, plus nearby Beach Huts!

Hastings Pier 

This morning I had a few miles wander along the seafront, I saw a Red Admiral... on the 6th of November! Also a few people fishing, walking westwards earlier, I had made a detour to the end of the Pier and chatted to a few lads fishing there, and as I turned up, one of them caught a small Bass, I'd brought them luck, their first fish of the day!


On my way back later I thought I'd see if I could bring them even more luck and, as you can see, the five of them were still there when I returned just before midday. Whilst I'd been gone, they'd caught a couple more bass, couple of plaice, whiting and sole, and another fish that I can't remember what it was (I'd taken no notes). Then, there just for a few minutes chatting, they were very friendly gentlemen, and another bass succumbed to the bait, slightly larger than the earlier one I hadn't taken a photograph of!

Bass, just before being returned to the water

Anyway, details of current fishing hours from the Pier can be found on the Hastings Pier Fishing facebook page, together with other information and photographs of even more impressive fish, and are: 
8am – 5pm Sunday to Thursday 
8am – 10pm Friday & Saturday’s
If you would like to fish from the Pier, permits can be purchased from Paul's Tackle, 38 White Rock TN34 1JL (facebook page and tel no: 01424 433404), just a couple of minutes walk eastwards from the Pier, and you can also find out up to date information from him, not to mention fishing tackle and bait is available there too, you may not be surprised to discover! I had a short chat with Paul earlier too, and he said hours of fishing from the Pier may change soon, so keep a check on the facebook pages.


As you can see from this photograph, twelve new beach huts have arrived on the beach east of the Pier, newly built and newly painted (I saw them being painted there, last week I think). I doubt they'll be used now until next spring/summer, but I wonder if they'll remain in situ over the winter, or will they find a place to hibernate, like the St Leonards/Azur Pavilion beach huts do? 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment