Sunday 22 October 2017

Fishermen's Rolls enjoyed today!


We had the first two Fisherman's Rolls cooked/created today at Johnny Swan's The Net Shop in Rock-a-Nore Road, and there was me, not so long ago, thinking that the only way I'd ever eat one again was if I made it myself! 


OK, I forgot to take a photograph, I was so intent on eating the roll, but they pretty much look like they have always done, like this, above. Two fillets, one dab and one plaice, in either a white or brown roll/bap, and all for just £3 a roll, with some lemon juice and pepper added, of course; other condiments/sauces are available, though it wasn't me that had the brown sauce. An excellent brunch, indeed!

More healthy, and much better, than going to the usual fast food places, nice one.

5 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and a super price as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they still sell them at the Net shop? I had a fishermens roll at the seafood and wine festival and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do sell them at weekends at The Net Shop, presumably also for bank holidays, not sure about school holidays, but I'll be seeing John probably Tuesday, I'll try to remember to ask him. Indeed, they are pretty good and very enjoyable as a snack or for breakfast!

      Delete
    2. I spoke to John yesterday, and I was correct, weekends at present, during the summer holiday season they'll be selling them all week, trust you enjoy your next fishermen's roll Thidara!

      Delete