Tuesday 4 August 2015

Tuesday, in Carnival Week...


And the partying and charity donations keep on coming this week! This evening is the Old Town Bike Race, held in memory of Jimmy Read (history), up Crown Lane, but, of course, there are many other walks and events too, today; see website.  


Yesterday, I enjoyed cheese and wine for lunch, had to be done, for charity of course... oh yes, had a wee chat with the Mayor (who kept his back to me in this photograph, but the chain of office gives him away!), and chatted to this dodgy couple too. Only one thing upset me about this visit to Courthouse Street, I wasn't allowed onto the bouncy castle (behind me, thus not in the photograph), I'm too old, apparently.  


And good to hear that Dee-Day's voice has returned, I saw him at about 06.30 down at Rock-a-Nore, and he couldn't speak at all, frustrating for him, or what?!? But it had returned by the time I saw him at lunch, and he could do the business again by the evening, of course, here with the women's seaboot race winner... 

Enjoy today! 

And thanks again for the two photographs I haven't taken myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment