Sunday 28 June 2015

Enjoying Bushels Kentish Cider in Hastings


As promised, here's my postscript regarding my experience of drinking Biddenden's Bushels cider (6%) at the Dolphin yesterday, a chore, I realise, but someone had to go and do it, and this is my 200th blog, so I wanted to write about something pleasurable, because I know my next blog will be not so good news... 


Lovely and clear, not quite up to past experiences of drinking cider straight from Devonshire farms, together with whatever lumps and debris was left in them (always an experience!), or the rougher cider enjoyed at the Cider Bar in Newton Abbot, but I don't live in Devon anymore, so this one is reasonably local (from Kent), and certainly available for a few days at a local pub! 

As you can see from this photograph, a decently cool temperature, "flat" say Biddenden, but it certainly has life, sweetish apple flavour at first, but dries out very nicely, they say "medium dry", I'd say drier than I expected. I know Mark had 2 firkins (18 gallons), I doubt much of the first firkin will be left by now, and, should this go down well, he is thinking of bringing in guest ciders on a more regular basis during the summer, indeed, (PS) has already ordered 2 more firkins of the Bushels... 

Looking forward to more tastings, cheers!      

No comments:

Post a Comment