Thursday 12 September 2024

The Shard: My Birthday Treat!

OK, not strictly about Hastings, but my brother completely surprised me with this treat, where I thought he was just seeking information when we met up for lunch at Borough Market, by London Bridge. He said that whilst nearby he wanted to see John Keats blue plaque (Keats Locations), but months ago (cheaper apparently) he'd booked for us to go up to the top of The Shard (website). Above was my first view from way up, and HMS Belfast (website).
After catching the 2 lifts up to the first view, we walked up a couple of flights of stairs to the highest point for visitors, and the view, among others, of Tower Bridge and looking out towards the Thames Estuary. Indeed, this blog is not about Hastings, but simple enough to visit from Hastings, usually with 2 trains an hour going to London Bridge from Hastings railway station, and I'd suggest well worth the visit for the views, even if only once, we avoided the bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment