Saturday 14 January 2023

Be Aware - New Year Scam Alert!

This morning I received a call on my mobile phone that appeared to be coming from a mobile phone (the number was 07456 998510) with an automated voice (female, English accent, well spoken) that said it was from 'Mastercard' and that 2 suspicious amounts had been paid from my account yesterday (I've since checked and nothing was paid out).

I was asked to press "1" - Immediately I was suspicious, so did not.

Anyway, as I said, I checked my account and looked up the number on google, nothing found, not regarding scams and that number either.

The UK Finance website makes us aware of this sort of scam, and I reported it to the Financial Conduct Authority at their website.

But please don't necessarily click on these links if this blog appears suspicious to you, just use your own search engine to link to UK Finance or the Financial Conduct Authority, better to be safe, but do be aware!

Stay safe folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment