Monday 7 November 2022

Hastings Philharmonic & Food - Saturday 5th November


OK, I have to admit it, the image above is one I took of a Hastings Philharmonic concert from last year, however, I forgot to take a photograph on Saturday... Again though, I visited the quite majestic 19th century Christ Church, Silchester Road (corner with London Road) St Leonards TN37 6GL (website) for their Autumn Concert 2022. Oh yes, and my niece was singing at both 'gigs' which started this time with the rousing Magnificat in D by Bach, then My Heart is Inditing by Purcell, and finally Te Deum by Charpentier. Excellent!


Before the concert my brother and I treated my niece to a 'snacky' meal at Reel (website), the restaurant within Kino-Teatr,  43-49 Norman Road, St Leonards TN38 0EG (website), agreeing that we didn't fancy anything too heavy beforehand. I'd never visited here before, but was waiting for an opportunity, and it was not far from the church, so I suggested here, and we were all very pleased with the choice. So, convivial chat, a drink, and we shared 3 of the starters and a bowl of fries, and very tasty too: House Pate and Toast, Spicy Chicken Tacos and House Hummus and Flatbread. 👌


I excuse myself as the photographs haven't come out too well, apologies, but I'll blame the lighting 😉 and above is the entrance to the cinema, within a gallery beside the restaurant, nothing compares to you! 👍

We saw a few fireworks on the way home too... 🎆


No comments:

Post a Comment