Monday 6 September 2021

Play Misty For Me: Walking and Some More...


After quite a while not walking across Hastings Country Park, for many reasons, I ventured across to Fairlight and back early(ish) yesterday morning, and you've got it! It was a wee bit misty... I walked along the seafront to the East Hill, stopping for a chat with Paul (the street cleaner), always a great chat, then up the 200-odd steps of the East Hill; looking back in the photograph above, and mist...


I crossed the East Hill to Barley Lane, for a while walking along with, and chatting to, one of my new friends I made in the first lockdown, he mentioned he hadn't seen me for a while, and I left him to get into his car in Barley Lane, whilst I carried on eastwards until I was above Fairlight Glen, which I walked down into, and back up out of (above), and, yes, it was still misty...


I then walked across to, and down into, and back out of, Warren Glen, across the top and into the larger of the old Fairlight sand quarries, where I spotted this new information board, maybe someone had read my blog last year, certainly this information could have been shared long ago, better late than never. 😉 Interestingly, there are not just new information boards around, another at the new visitors' centre at Fairlight, Bale House (blog), but quite a few new direction signs too.


And some bullocks have turned up during my absence (above, just down from the information centre), this in addition to the usual 6 Belted Galloway, which can just be seen in the photograph below, way down across Warren Glen, honest!

Warren Glen, still misty!


And walking back, to my right, is this field (above) with wild flowers, including sunflowers, it will likely have a crop planted next year, and still misty! Oh yes, and I collected sufficient sloe berries for this year's vintage sloe gin...


And from Fairlight to St Leonards, indeed, even as far to the north as Westfield, the weekend just gone, and next weekend 11th and 12th September, there are the Coastal Currents Arts Festival Open Studios (website), keep your eyes open too! Examples...


I'm sure I wanted to say something else too, I'll likely remember by tomorrow, cheers!

Oh yes, the West Hill Lift is working again! 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment