Friday 28 February 2020

Coastal Currents Arts Festival 2020


"Already?!?" I hear you say. OK, the 2020 Coastal Currents Arts Festival isn't until September as in previous years (website), however, since Hastings Borough Council stopped funding the festival because of recent revenue loss due to austerity measures brought in by central government (although I believe they do still support it through other measures), the festival organizers have had to raise money from the public, targeting at least £5,000, though preferably £10,000. Consequently, a gofundme page has been set up and, when I just looked, £3,841 is raised so far.

I have used the image above of a work of art in Queens Road produced for the festival in 2018 because, well I like it, I like my photograph of it, it brightens up a previously unremarkable wall, and because I walk past it quite often, though more often to walk to Alexandra Park than to go to Morrisons. Anyway, if you want to find out more about the festival, or to make a donation, please go to the website and/or gofundme page, many thanks, and good luck to the organizers, I trust you reach the required amount easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment