Thursday 11 October 2018

Fred White R.I.P.


Were you woken in the very early hours this morning by the helicopter flying above the Fishermen's Beach below the Old Town, aware that the lifeboat and various emergency vehicles were about? Sadly, the Red Ensign flying at half-mast outside the Fishermen's Museum will provide a clue, local fisherman (retired), and former coxwain of Hastings lifeboat, Fred White was found on the Fishermen's Beach, deceased, R.I.P. Our thoughts are with Fred's family and friends.

For those who are unaware, traditionally, for local fishermen, the ensign will now fly at half-mast every day whilst the museum is open, until after Fred's funeral. 😢

7 comments:

  1. Oh bless will be so sadly missed have very fond memory's of Fred Condolences to his family.
    RIP Wacker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences to all Fred's family and friends. At least he died in the vicinity of the thing he loved the most - work wise - the sea...

    Thanks also to you, Steve for creating this blog. I'm a real believer in 'free speech' unlike most of the so called 'P.C. Brigade' these days.

    All the best, Tony May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Tony, I do my best, and Fred will obviously be sorely missed by many, not just those who have commented on this blog or shared it, but the thousands who have read it too, R.I.P.

      Delete
  3. Graham Sherrington12 October 2018 at 21:39

    Another Local Legend passed away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Fred you will be missed old youngen !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve, thanks for posting this. I got to know Fred over the last year and spend a lot of time with him each time I visit Hastings. I posted some photos and stories here: instagram.com/reichbaum/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks Baummer, indeed, as I've suggested earlier, over 16,000 people have looked at this specific blog, which shows evidence of how well known and well liked Fred was...

    ReplyDelete