Friday 22 December 2017

Christmas Trees...


Now I'm not making any religious remarks here at all, but Christmas Trees can be quite enthralling, and, I believe, the idea comes from a very old pagan tradition, but I'm bitterly disappointed with the public ones around town... For example, the main tree, outside Debenhams in the town centre, well, it's impressively big, but only has a few very small lights, and way up high!


The tree in Butlers gap in George Street in the old town appears to have more lights per square metre, and, presumably, it's supplied by the Old Town Traders? Anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it does appear to have about 10 times as many lights per square metre as the one in the town centre!


And then, over to St Leonards, and, frankly, I couldn't notice any lights whatsoever, though a fairly impressive tree, however, as I've said elsewhere, it would be better if it was still rooted in the ground...


Apologies for the poor quality, but I took this photograph early morning with my mobile phone, but the tree in Priory Meadow does have lights and baubles, making it the most decorated public Christmas Tree of the lot, though...


This was similar, taken 5 years ago by me, a bit more impressive... oh well, we're living in a world of austerity, fair enough, Bah Humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment