Saturday 18 February 2017

One Step Beyond...


The Azur Pavilion, which was used as the older peoples' home in the film Byzantium.


Our very own Banksy...


We could be living on the Cote d'Azur!


The Winter home of the St Leonards beach huts!


And this was "one step beyond" - as in, one step further than the sign that tells you you're entering the Combe Valley Countryside Park.


The wonderful De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill...


On my way back...


Here, I met a couple of older lads (my Devonshire coming out here!) who fish from boats launched from the beach here by Bulverhythe, and we had a great chat, and when I was advised that cod hasn't appeared this winter, and whiting is quite small, but this was a couple of weeks ago, indeed, confirmed by a Hastings fisherman I know since, but, some cod has since been landed by Hastings' boats...


And I ate the last locally caught cod and chips that they had at the Dolphin this lunchtime, excellent piece of fish, and the chips weren't bad either! Looking forward to some more locally caught cod soon, I hope, but I do like huss, and plaice too, for that matter

No comments:

Post a Comment