Sunday 22 January 2017

Full English Breakfasts by the Old Town Seafront.

I haven't visited two of these establishments for a while, but am having some time off eating Full English Breakfasts, as I need to lose weight, but I can't keep putting off this blog, or I'll have to visit all three all over again! Though I probably shall do some time anyway, but not for my next blog about breakfasts (which will be near the seafront again, to the west of the old town though), but the one after that, maybe, so a while to go...


My most recent visit was to the Hastings & St Leonards Angling Association club (virtually opposite the Albion and just to the east of the Crazy Golf courses), where a bargain of a breakfast, and drink, is just £3.50, and they open at 07.00 hours! The only drawback seems to be a dislike of dogs, fair enough, as a friend of mine and his wee mutt weren't allowed in to enjoy a full English brekkie!


OK, it's not the most enormous of breakfasts, but see what you get for just £3.50: a very tasty 'classic' pork sausage (from M&S I believe), a nice thick rasher of bacon, fried egg, black sausage, half a tomato, sauteed potatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, a thick slice of fresh bread (or toast), and a mug of tea or coffee too... Well cooked and presented, and jolly excellent value, many thanks Clare, nice one!


It's a while since I've been here, but I enjoyed a very good value, HUGE, breakfast at the East Hastings Sea Angling Association for a fiver, likely this would cost more now though.


The Full English Breakfast cost £4.45 then, plus sautéed potatoes or chips for another 50p. The breakfast included 1 decent sausage, 2 rashers of very good bacon, 1 fried egg, 2 hash browns, mushrooms, a choice of tomatoes or baked beans (I went for the healthy beans option), and a thick slice of buttered toast. This was good value for a nice breakfast! 


Just after leaving George Street, you come to Taylor's, Marine Parade. I sat looking out of the window here, with a view of the sea too! A very decent breakfast was enjoyed, indeed, for £6.50, the meal includes a tasty Cumberland sausage, 2 good thick rashers of bacon, a fried egg, a choice of tomato or mushrooms (I went for the mushrooms, thank you very much), baked beans, a slice of toast and a mug of tea or coffee, good value... 


The breakfast was well cooked, very tasty, and excellent value, and the service was friendly. I sat in the room up to the left as you walk in (in the photograph, the window on the left under 'cafe'), which felt quite like a home environment, especially when a group of older people sat behind me, enjoying the morning and banter. Taylor's also "doubles up" the breakfast for £11.50, but I'm not sure that even I could eat that much, as I was pretty full eating just the 'normal' breakfast! A vegetarian version of the 'Full English' is available here, without the Cumberland sausage or bacon, of course, but with 2 vegetarian sausages and bubble and squeak included. 
You can sit outside the establishment on the pavement here, which is a bonus in warmer weather, but I shall return to all 3 when I'm a wee bit fitter, no doubt about that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment