Tuesday 14 April 2020

Sussex Wildlife Trust News


Having now read the Sussex Wildlife Trust (website) magazine Wildlife Issue 186 Spring/Summer 2020 I realize the answer to my query, in a recent blog, why could I see the view above? It appears that, following receiving a grant from the charitable fund, Sussex Lund, a digger (hired presumably) was used to clear invading reeds to benefit flora and dragonflies, for example, many thanks to Lisbet Rausing and Peter Baldwin. More can be found out at the Lund Trust and Sussex Lund website.


Oh yes, and I mentioned the photographic competition for the Sussex Wildlife Trust 2020 calendar in a blog last year, and the overall winner from the 12 finalists was this wonderful image taken by Maxine Dodds of a vole in a foxglove and called Pretty in Pink (and what a great film that was, oops, sorry, going off subject!). 

My congratulations to Maxine, and to the other 11 finalists (website).

No comments:

Post a Comment