Sunday 19 April 2020

Concern for Isolation and Those at Risk.


I just posted this message to my friends on facebook, and thought it was sensible advice to share here too, after all, what are you if not 'friends' too?

"A worrying thought... Although I doubt I'm the only one thinking similar thoughts, but retired NHS healthcare professional that I am, and spending nearly 24 hours a day alone, means that, except when listening to bird song during my daily exercise, I do spend plenty of time considering the health of others... 

Unless people can get out, or have a garden, being confined to quarters means that many people are not getting sufficient Vitamin D because they aren't getting enough sunlight to synthesize Vitamin D, consequently Britain could soon see an increase of Rickets among those particularly vulnerable at this time! 

So I am suggesting people look to good food sources for Vitamin D, and the oily fish that also provide the health benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids are where to go, including Salmon, Herring, Sardines and Mackerel; also Tuna and Cod Liver Oil. 

The only good plant source of Vitamin D, excluding fortified foods, are mushrooms, particularly wild mushrooms (commercial mushrooms are often grown in the dark, not good for Vitamin D). 

Look after yourselves folks!" 

Then I referenced the NHS website.

No comments:

Post a Comment