Friday 4 May 2018

Hastings Weekend & Week in pictures...

... and a few words 😉 


Last weekend kicked off with SaSaSaS headlining PierJam Part 1 (facebook page) on Hastings Pier (to whose facebook page I am grateful for allowing me to use the photograph above, many thanks!). As you can see there was a fantastic and enthusiastic large audience, proving that live events on the Pier can be well supported. A Pier many want to retain in community ownership, as I wrote about in my recent blog, and Friends of Hastings Pier are seeking pledges to support their business plan to keep Hastings Pier in community ownership at Crowdfunding; your support would be very gratefully received!


As I also posted last Sunday, both Hastings lifeboats were out on an exercise between 09.00 and 11.00 approximately, as you can see from the empty Lifeboat Station. The chap coming towards me in the photograph thought I was trying to get run over by the returning tractor and trailer (behind my right shoulder), suggesting that cleaning blood off the beach isn't much fun! I assured him I was well aware of the possible peril and no need to panic as I had no desire to get run over, H&S, eh?!?


To help my recovery from the potential shock I wandered up to The Net Shop in Rock-a-Nore Road (website) and purchased a couple of Fishermen's Rolls which each had a plaice fillet and a substantial whiting fillet as filling. I added lemon juice and pepper to mine, and I shan't tell you that Mark has brown sauce in addition every time! 😉 Mine was certainly delicious, and he seemed happy too!


We then had a very miserable wet and cold Monday, but what a difference a day makes! On Tuesday I returned to Rock-a-Nore Road and took this photograph of the love of my life RX 134 the Stacey Marie (facebook page).


I then wandered down to the Fishermen's Beach as 2 fishing boats were landing...


Heading back towards the town centre, looking up at the West Hill and one of Hastings very own 'Jewels in the Crown' St Mary in the Castle (see blog).

And plenty to look forward to, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment